Thursday, August 18, 2011

Can anyone help me find info on Willie Burr Bowen, especially about his musical career or pictures?

Willie Burr Bowen is my great great grandfather. I had always heard stories about him growing up. He was a banjo player that by the time of his death was completely blind (only blind in one eye when he played in young adult hood). I know he used to play with the Uncle Dave Macon band at one time and that he also played at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. When I moved to TN from PA I asked my great great aunt (and one of his youngest daughters) about it and she confirmed it so I know my great grandpa wasn't just making stuff up. I also talked to a guy one time while working in downtown Nashville, and he told me he knew the name very well but couldn't remember the book that he had that had all his musical info in it. I'm working on my "music room" and would like to have his picture up on the wall as well as any other stuff I can find on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment