Monday, August 8, 2011

Any ideas on why i cant sleep at night and what to do about it?

Im up all night. About 5 or 6am I fall asleep and sleep till 2 or 3. or if I do force myself to settle down and go to sleep at say 11pm im up at 5am. I get my day started but by noon I cant keep my eyes open. I lay down for a nap and next thing I know its 5pm. This has been going on for about 6 months. I have tried all the relax at night stuff. warm milk, no caffenine. warm bath with lavender, a night time routine whatever... I go to bed and lay there and roll over and lay there. Wide awake. I bought a fan and tried that thinking maybe I was tooo hot. Before this all started every once in a while I would take tylenol pm and it would knock me out. Now if I take it (and i dont take it every night) it doesnt even faze me a bit. Wide awake. I do have normal everyday stress. No more than any other mom surely. I am at an age where I am begining menopause. I forget what they call it before it actually starts. 2x in 2 years I woke up at night because of night sweats. I use to have a mattress that I had for years. I bought a new mattress about 6 months ago. I use to sleep good on it but not now. I bought new pilllows. I dont know what to do and I can feel myself slipping into that cycle where I am getting stressed over not sleeping. I have been sitting in my livining room about 2 in the afternoon and I get this urge kinda thing to go to bed. I go lay down and Im out for hours. Before this all started I use to be an 7-10 hour person. I required that much sleep. And i slept sound. The roof could blow off and i wouldnt notice. Sometimes I take two or three naps and im up all night.I have no problem falling asleep in the daytime or staying asleep in the day time. Its only at night. What could be wrong with me?? Do you all think it could be hormonal??

No comments:

Post a Comment